Garage Door Repair Draper UT - 24x7 Quick Services at Low Price
A damaged garage door can be much more than just a nuisance or an eyesore. Garage doors in need of repair can serve as an invitation for thieves and may even become a risk for accident or injury. Your garage serves as a part of your home and deserves regular care. Quality garage door repair in Draper is available and affordable.
Garage doors today are quite different than 450 B.C., when
gatehouses were used as storage for chariots. The first automatic
garage door opener was patented in 1922. During the postwar 1950s, the
garage door moved from the back corner of the property to take its
prominent place near the front of the home. Herbert Hoover promised “two
cars in every garage” prior to the Great Depression. In our modern
day, Draper Garage Door Repair proudly display our garage doors as status symbols, sometimes
boasting more than one two-car garage as an extension of our home. Many
doors are made of jointed panels and can be built of wood, fiberglass,
and even plastic. We utilize them not only for storing our cars, but
for recreational vehicles, personal storage, workshops, even converting
them into livable rooms.
Times have changed our way of living, our vehicles, and our garage doors. As doors have evolved, so too have the ways we maintain and repair them. Regular maintenance is necessary to keeping your garage door safe and working properly for a long time.
Expert Garage Door Repair Draper UT - Trusted & Reliable Services
Here are some issues that indicate you may need an evaluation from a company specializing in garage door repair:
- Your garage door is sticking when it opens or closes: Be sure to check the batteries in your remote and the sensors for your door to eliminate other issues first.
- There is damage to a door panel: Damaged or dented panels can be more than just a cosmetic issue, but a safety hazard as well.
- Your garage door leaves gaps when it opens or closes: Gaps in your door create an entrance for rain, wind or snow, not to mention unwanted visitors.
- Door springs are rusty or out of shape: Springs wear out over time. Contact a professional in garage door repair of Draper. A trained technician is the only person who should attempt garage door spring repair, especially when it comes to torsion springs
- Tracks are bent: If your tracks are bent, you will eventually begin to see damage to the brackets attached to the wall. In order for the door to operate properly, the track needs to be in good working order. A specialist in garage door repair in Draper can make an assessment of your tracks.
Sometimes, the problem is not with the door, but with the opener. Gone are the days when we have to exit our vehicle in order to raise a heavy door in the rain or snow. All heavy lifting is now done at the touch of a button. Just as garage doors need regular care, so do openers. Some issues require only a simple fix, such as battery replacement or cleaning the sensor. Bigger jobs should be handled by a trained technician. Trust our work in Draper garage door repair in for your door opener issues.
Damage to garage doors is caused by weather and normal wear
and tear. There are other times when mishaps are a result of human
error. Driving the car into the door may be what comes to mind, but
damage can also be caused by a wayward basketball hitting the door too
many times, fading from the sun, extreme humidity and freezing temperatures. Parts which are working improperly, such as the roller, can cause wear on the door and the opener.
Regular maintenance is an important factor in keeping your garage door running smoothly and all of its parts working correctly. Make it a habit to inspect springs, tracks, cables, and rollers. Schedule an annual garage door tune-up. Minor repairs are fine for someone who is handy, but technicians specializing in Garage Door Repair Draper UT should be contacted for any work involving springs or moving hardware. Serious injury can occur when handling certain parts of your garage door.
Your safety and the safety of your family is important. Do not take a risk when it comes to garage door repair service. If the job seems too big, contact a trained technician to handle the task. Trust the job to quality garage door repair technicians in Draper.